Update April 7, 2020
A New Beginning is following the federal recommendations of social distancing and will continue to keep our physical office closed until at least April 30. We will continue with your adoption service remotely, utilizing technology to connect. We continue to meet with birth mothers in person in a private and disinfected office by appointment.
In an effort stay in front of county, state, federal daily changes and hospital policy adjustments, A New Beginning has converted infant family profile books to pdf files. This will allow A New Beginning to deliver profile books to birth mothers and hospitals digitally in the event (it hasn’t been an issue yet), we are unable to physically enter a hospital facility during the COVID-19 breakout. Our goal is to be proactive rather than reactive. The online profile books will be on a private link online, not available to the public. Each profile is also password protected to preserve the privacy of our families.
Upcoming Infant Program Training – Training will be online. Room for 3 more families. Deadline April 20.
It’s important we continue moving families forward with their adoptions. The infant team is adapting the in person training to video training using the ZOOM application. Travel will NOT be required for the May training, instead, families should download the ZOOM app on their computers and/or phones in advance. It’s free. WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 3 ADDITIONAL FAMILIES. The application and application fee deadline is April 20, 2020.
A New Beginning will continue to update family and friends as we adjust to the COVID-19 outbreak. Your adoption service will continue with the technology we have in place, in person meetings will be replaced with a video conference where possible and/or pushed to a future date. Families who hand deliver paperwork or fees to the office, please drop items in the secured lock box outside of the front door.
INFANT PROGRAM UPDATES
We continue to work with current and new birth mothers, including in person when necessary, in a secure, properly disinfected area located in our office. Adoption plans and hospital plans are still in process and will continue as normal, however, some adjustments may occur based on special hospital protocol during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our Adoption Specialists have connected to proper personnel and will advise adoptive families and birth families of any changes at the proper time.
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM UPDATES
Despite ban on international travel and the USCIS office being closed, we continue to work on the home study process and move it forward as much as we can. As of April 6, the USCIS office is still closed. The USCIS closure could cause significant delays in the adoption process and we understand that is frustrating and difficult. We encourage all international families to continue to complete their paperwork, so when offices and travel opens, we are ready to press forward as quickly as possible.
FOSTER-ADOPT PROGRAM UPDATES
Your adoption specialists continue to work as usual on your home study documents, inquiries, and post placement services. In person meetings will continue to be done via video conference and or postponed to a later date. We encourage you to continue searching and submitting your inquiries on the child listing websites. Due to various state’s stay-at-home orders and/or the impact of COVID-19 on their community, it’s realistic to expect some delays in response time from various child caseworkers.
TELE-MENTAL HEALTH now AVAILABLE
A lot is happening in our lives right now. It can be overwhelming. Our Wellness Center Counselor Becky Marquez, LPC, TBRI Practitioner has established TeleMental Health as an option for current clients and new clients. If you or someone in your family would like to schedule an appointment with her please call 208-918-1058. This service is available to individuals with Medicaid and private pay.
A New Beginning will be using the ZOOM platform for our video conferencing. We encourage families to go ahead and download the app ahead of time so you are prepared to login when it’s necessary. It’s a free app.
Other important notes to keep in mind
- If pregnant, or a hospital – please call 208-985-5617
- To schedule a TeleMentalHealth counseling appointment, call 208-918-1058
- All support group meetings scheduled between March 15 (Foster-Adopt and Mom Support Group) – until further notice, will be held via zoom. Please visit our website to get the contact information to become part of the group.
- The Adoption Information Seminar scheduled in April & May will now be hosted via ZOOM instead of an in person seminar. If you have already registered via eventbrite, the ZOOM information will automatically be sent to the email you provided in the Eventbrite registration form. If you are interested in attending the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org you will receive webinar credentials very soon.
- The Peer Mentor Connections Group – March, April & May has been cancelled.
- Post placement visits will be conducted via FaceTime, Skype or Zoom. Your caseworker will work with you to schedule and set up.
- If we are unable to conduct your scheduled meeting via video, we will have postpone the meeting.
- If you need to contact your caseworker, we encourage you to email them first. Next, you are welcome to call 208-939-3865, select option 5 for the staff directory, listen for your adoption specialist’s last name. Please note Laraine and Kara M are not listed on the phone directory.
- Keri, administrative assistant – email@example.com
- Tina Kierce, Marketing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becky Marquez, Counseling – email@example.com
- Amy Longchamps, Adoption Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quincy Budell, email@example.com
- Cara Walsh, Infant Program/Birth Mother Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amber Kidd, Foster-Adopt Program Coordinator – email@example.com
- Kaitlyn Judy, Adoption Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laraine Merrill, Adoption Specialist- email@example.com
- Kara McAfee, Adoption Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caseworkers and adoption specialists are still processing paperwork, managing waiting list and working with birth mothers. We understand the importance and sensitivity that surrounds your adoption. We are fortunate to be able to work remotely.
- Note if you have paperwork to drop off, feel free to put it in the mail or place in the secure drop box outside of our front door on Emerald. We have individual staff members who will be onsite several times per week to collect and process mail.
- Don’t forget, you can continue to work on your paperwork through the eAdopt portal.
- If you have fees due and would like to process those, please do so on our website, through this link. Select the “PAY FEES” button.
- SELF-CARE, SELF-CARE, SELF-CARE –Read this article for easy, simple and daily things you can do to take care of yourself.
We will continue to keep everyone updated on what’s happening at A New Beginning Adoption Agency. Stay Well.
A New Beginning Management