Update April 16, 2020
A New Beginning has been successful in being able to continue services to both adoptive families and birth families throughout the COVID pandemic, thus far. We will maintain the recommended social distancing protocol until at least April 30 and reevaluate the climate of our community at that time.
We will continue with your adoption service remotely, utilizing technology to connect. We continue to meet with birth mothers in person in a private and disinfected office by appointment.
A New Beginning will continue to update family and friends as we adjust to the COVID-19 outbreak. Your adoption service will continue with the technology we have in place, in person meetings will be replaced with a video conference where possible and/or pushed to a future date. Families who hand deliver paperwork or fees to the office, please drop items in the secured lock box outside of the front door.
INFANT PROGRAM UPDATES
We continue to work with current and new birth mothers, including in person when necessary, in a secure, properly disinfected area located in our office. Adoption plans and hospital plans are still in process and will continue. Some adjustments may occur based on special hospital protocol during the COVID-19 outbreak. Our Adoption Specialists have connected to proper personnel and will advise adoptive families and birth families of any changes at the proper time.
Upcoming Infant Program Training – Training will be online in Apr. 30-May 2. The class is FULL. Please note the adjustment in times and days below.
Thursday, April 30 5:30 pm – 9 pm
Friday, May 1 from 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Saturday, May 2 from 9 am – 1 pm
The infant team is adapting the in person training to video training using the ZOOM application. Families should download the Zoom app prior to the start of the training. Instructions for the online training will be forwarded to attendees very soon. The next training is scheduled for July 31-August 1.
We have converted adoptive parent profile books to pdf’s for efficient electronic transmission in the event we are not able to provide physical books to a hospital or birth mother. The online profile books will be on a private link online and password protected. IF you would like to send in your original pdf document of your profile book, please send to your caseworker. MAKE SURE THE PDF YOU SEND DOES NOT HAVE A PASSWORD TO THE DOCUMENT. We need to optimize the document and set the password on our end before uploading to our website.
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM UPDATES
Despite ban on international travel and the USCIS office being closed, we continue to work on the home study process and move it forward as much as we can. As of April 15, the USCIS office is still closed. The USCIS closure could cause significant delays in the adoption process and we understand that is frustrating and difficult. We encourage all international families to remain closely connected to their International Adoption Agency for regular updates.
FOSTER-ADOPT PROGRAM UPDATES
Your adoption specialists continue to work with the children’s caseworkers across the nation, completing your home study documents, child inquiries, and post placement services. In person meetings will continue to be done via video conference and or postponed to a later date. We encourage you to continue searching and submitting your child inquiries from the child listing websites. Due to various state’s stay-at-home orders and/or the impact of COVID-19 on their community, it’s realistic to expect some delays in response time from various child caseworkers.
TELE-MENTAL HEALTH now AVAILABLE
A lot is happening in our lives right now. It can be overwhelming. Our Wellness Center Counselor Becky Marquez, LPC, TBRI Practitioner has established TeleMental Health as an option for current clients and new clients. If you or someone in your family would like to schedule an appointment with her please call 208-918-1058. This service is available to individuals with Medicaid and private pay.
A New Beginning will be using the ZOOM platform for our video conferencing. We encourage families to go ahead and download the app ahead of time so you are prepared to login when it’s necessary. It’s a free app.
Other important notes to keep in mind
- If pregnant, or a hospital – please call 208-985-5617
- To schedule a TeleMentalHealth counseling appointment, call 208-918-1058
- All support group meetings scheduled between March 15 – until further notice, will be held via zoom. Please visit our website to get the contact information to become part of the group.
- The Adoption Information Seminar scheduled in April & May and the Foster-Adoption Information Seminar, April 23 will now be hosted via ZOOM instead of an in person seminar. If you have already registered via eventbrite, the ZOOM information will automatically be sent to the email you provided in the Eventbrite registration form.
- The Peer Mentor Connections Group – March, April & May has been cancelled.
- Post placement visits will be conducted via FaceTime, Skype or Zoom. Your caseworker will work with you to schedule and set up.
- If we are unable to conduct your scheduled meeting via video, we will postpone the meeting.
- If you need to contact your caseworker, we encourage you to email them first. Next, you are welcome to call 208-939-3865, select option 5 for the staff directory, listen for your adoption specialist’s last name. Please note Laraine and Kara M are not listed on the phone directory. If you have NOT been assigned a caseworker (refer to your eAdopt account), please reach out to Keri or Tina with questions.
- Keri, Administrative Assistant – email@example.com
- Amber Kidd, Foster-Adopt Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Longchamps, Adoption Specialist – email@example.com
- Becky Marquez, Counseling – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cara Walsh, Infant Program/Birth Mother Coordinator – email@example.com
- Kaitlyn Judy, Adoption Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kara McAfee, Adoption Specialist – email@example.com
- Laraine Merrill, Adoption Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quincy Budell, email@example.com
- Tina Kierce, Marketing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caseworkers and adoption specialists are still processing paperwork, managing waiting list and working with birth mothers. We understand the importance and sensitivity that surrounds your adoption. We are fortunate to be able to work remotely.
- Note if you have paperwork to drop off, feel free to put it in the mail or place in the secure drop box outside of our front door on Emerald. We have individual staff members who will be onsite several times per week to collect and process mail.
- Don’t forget, you can continue to work on your paperwork through the eAdopt portal.
- If you have fees due and would like to process those, please do so on our website, through this link. Select the “PAY FEES” button.
- SELF-CARE, SELF-CARE, SELF-CARE, check out this blog for easy daily options to take care of yourself.
We will continue to keep everyone updated on what’s happening at A New Beginning Adoption Agency. Stay Well.
A New Beginning Management