Congratulations Christian and Melissa, you are matched!
Wow, you’re reading about us! You must have been inspired by one of our pictures. Thanks for taking the time to get to know us and our story. We are Christian and Melissa. We would love the opportunity to get to know you, as you are considering the right family for your child. We can only imagine this is a scary and challenging process. We also feel it’s a very courageous and selfless act. We really feel that an open adoption is the healthiest for the child and everyone involved.
We’d like to tell you a little about us and our life.
- We have been together for about 7 years. We met while I was starting a non-profit community climbing gym. There Melissa learned about climbing and we fell in love. Christian proposed to Melissa at a remote cabin in the Canadian Rockies. We were married the next year on a mountain lake surrounded by friends and family.
- We are both working professionals. Christian attended BSU where he received his bachelors in English Literature and competed in Track & Field. Christian is currently a Residential Real Estate Agent and is lucky to have the flexibility of working from home. Melissa attended The Art Institute of Seattle and became a graphic designer. She is now a UX Designer/Manager which is a form of web design.
- We both love the outdoors and love to rock climb, fly fish, hike and travel. We regularly take trips to national parks like Yosemite, Red Rocks and more to climb, paint, hike and explore.
- Melissa is a lover of the arts. Melissa is a wonderful painter. Christian loves taking photos and looking at the stars as well as reading about economics, current events, and science. We recently spent a few days in New York where we spent an entire day exploring the museum of modern art.
- Family and traditions are very important to us. We are close to our parents and siblings. We regularly spend time together whether its dinner, or day out fishing, or celebrating the holidays together. We also believe it is important to have family traditions. We love to go skiing together on Christmas day. This is something Christian used to do with his parents growing up and hope to be able to share it with our son or daughter in the future.
Thank you for spending a few moments getting to know us. We feel honored to be considered.
Christian & Melissa