Why choose an agency?
What are the benefits to Adoptive Parents using an Agency for your Adoption?
Birth families and adoptive families have options on how to complete their adoptions. Some families choose an agency to represent them and guide them through the entire adoption journey (legal, training, process & paperwork, placement and post-placement and on-going support) while others may choose to work with just an attorney. It’s your Adoption Plan so it’s your choice.
A reputable adoption agency will provide birth families and adoptive families all the services necessary to complete their adoptions, including the legal representation, important parenting and adoption training, your very own adoption advocate who guides you through the paperwork, home study process, creating your adoptive parent profile, selecting a family or matching with a baby, selecting your level of openness in your adoption plan, support during the matching process or pregnancy, be present at the hospital to advocate for the birth family and another advocate for the adoptive family, provide a list of pre-qualified adoptive families from which to choose, and complete post-placement reports, family transitioning and adoption finalization.
Above all, A New Beginning’s complete staff of social workers, counselors, administration and board of directors are compassionate and have decades of adoption experience both personally and professionally.
A New Beginning Support includes
- Training by qualified and experienced Adoption Specialists
- Support during the match process
- 24/7 support to adoptive parents after match
- Assistance Creating a profile book online and printed
- Assistance creating and maintaining Openness/Relationship Agreement between adoptive parents and birth parents
- Infant Program Coordinator to support you
- Counseling available throughout the process
- Support to adoptive parents before, during and after the baby is placed with them
- Quarterly support group for adoptive parents (Expectant Parents Group)
- A New Beginning is a licensed, non-profit, full-service agency
- An Adoption Specialist will be with you at the hospital
- Adoption Specialist assists with making your hosptial plan
- Assistance with the transition of placement on discharge day including collection of necessary documents
- Assistance getting your child added to your insurance
- Assistance with communication with birth family post-placement
Meet A New Beginning’s Adoption Attorney
Shelly Cozakos not only provides legal representation for all of A New Beginning’s birth families, but she can assist the adoptive families as well. An advocate of women, Shelly has been involved in adoption for 10 years and understands the sensitivity of adoption and making sure the relationship plans are in place and rights, etc. In the community she also works with WCA and was recently awarded the Twin Award. Contact Shelly.